The Voter ID card is an important piece of document, which is meant to prove the identity of an individual in conjunction to state’s link. It allows the individual of 18 years and above to cast their valuable vote and form the government of the state as well as central level.
Every state has its own Election Commission, which are connected with the main Election Commission of India. It is meant to authenticate the existence and the relation of an individual with the particular state he or she is belonging too. Talking about the State of West Bengal, the government requires every individual over 18 years of age to hold valid Voters ID card and produce it for identification on need.
Eligibility for the Voters ID Card in West Bengal:
The eligibility is that criteria, which happens to state about the possibility for an individual to cast vote and help in putting their foot forward towards selecting the government. With every possibility opened for the voters, there is a need to fulfil certain criterion that has to be met for acquiring Voters ID Card.
- Needs to have a minimum 18 years of age at the time of issuance of card.
- The person applying for the Voters ID Card needs to be a permanent citizen of West Bengal.
- He or she is required to possess a validated home address for contact.
- The person applying for a Voter ID Card in West Bengal is required to be a part of that certain constituency.
- The people willing to get their name registered with the Election Office for the first time are required to fill the Form No. 6, which is easily obtainable at the state’s own website.
- Post this step, there will be enquiry carried out by Booth Level Officer to validate the documents provided because fake information may lead to cancellation of the Voters ID Card.
- As the name gets registered, Election Officer of West Bengal starts Voter ID Card Issuance Project that calls for all valid voters to reach the requisite nominated Photographic Location in Uttar Pradesh. The location chosen for Voters ID collection may be a Government School or some Government Office. Certainly, the notice is issued way before the exact day of Voters ID Card collection.
- As the person reaches the center for collecting Voter’s ID, they are called one by one in the room. A photograph is taken with the camera attached to the computer and fed in the system. After this process, a print is taken out with registered details and laminated. This is the Voters ID Card that allows the citizens of Uttar Pradesh to establish the worth of their existence.
Applying online for the Voters ID Card:
In making the application process of Voters ID Card easier for the citizens, the Government of West Bengal has facilitated the people to apply online for the Voters ID Card by scanning the picture and valid documents to be attached to the form and send. The applicant has to fill Form no. 6, after taking printout and mail it with documents like proof of residence, proof of age and photographs for the identification. Then, after a period of one to one and half month; the Voters ID Card comes at the doorstep.