A picturesque state in the North Eastern front, Meghalaya is known as the “Abode of Clouds”. It is laced with exotic natural beauty that is really breath-taking and has a well-managed administrative Government that deals with issues related to the residents. What adds value to this entire state is the sprinkled greenery that has made it a perfect destination to enjoy a spectacular holiday. As a safe and secure place to stay, the Government has given right to every resident by issuing them the Voters ID Card that makes it possible for them to cast their vote and elect the Government. Indeed, the responsibility of this aspect lies with the Chief Electoral Officer.
|Meghalaya Election department|
Working under the rule, directions and supervision of Election Commission of India, the Chief Electoral Officer of Meghalaya makes sure that the citizenship of the residents is validated easily. Its chief role is played in conducting Elections of the Legislative Assembly of Meghalaya, Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and that of Central Government. Along with this, preparing Electoral Rolls, Giving Electoral Photo Identity Cards (EPICs) to prospective voters and Organizing polling stations as per the guidelines proposed by the Election Commission of India from time to time. This is the functioning aspect of Meghalaya’s Electoral Office.
Eligibility for the Voters ID Card in Meghalaya:
Definitely, as stated by the Government, the Voters ID card or the Electors Photo Identity Card is distributed by the Election Commission to the people, who have reached 18 years or above at the time of issuance. The persistence of giving this card is to prove the identity on Election Day for becoming eligible towards casting the vote.
- Minimum 18 years of age at the time of issuing card.
- The person should be the citizen of Tamil Nadu.
- He or she must have a valid housing address for contact.
- He or she should fall in the particular constituency to cast the vote.
Procedure of the Voters ID Card in Meghalaya:
- Go to the official website of the Electoral Office in Meghalaya and download the Form No.6.
- Fill in with the requisite details and get the documents ready, which may include Ration Card or identity proof, age proof and address proof.
- The documents can be scanned and attached to the form filled for emailing. The other way is to mail the hard copy of form with documents to the State’s Election Commission.
- Followed by the receiving of form with documents, the enquiry is done for the validation of documents. And finally, the Voters ID Card is delivered by the post at Voter’s home.
The government of Meghalaya is dedicated towards providing the rightful existence to every resident. For this purpose, the government makes sure that equally treated by the Electoral Officer. Certainly, the best part of going by the ethical voting practices is that the residents with 18 years plus age hold the right to elect the Government as per preferences.