How to get voter ID card in Andaman and Nicobar (A & N Islands)
Conferred as the Union territory of India in 1956, Andaman and Nicobar Islands hold prime importance in the Indian History. Known as “Kalapani” at the time of British Rule, it was used to keep the prisoners. After its liberation, the Government worked hard and has now managed to provide Voters ID Card to the residents. It has a single parliamentary constituency and administered by the Honorable Lt. Governor. Though, the place has 3 districts; still, South Andaman is said to be the Electoral Registration Officer for the complete territory across 3 Districts. The Department of Election is commended with the utility of the activities in conjunction with Electoral Roll, EPIC issue, Summary Revision and organizing Parliamentary elections.
With Port Blair as the place having main office, the Election Department in Andaman and Nicobar Islands is headed by Chief Electoral Officer. It is because of the constant development that every person attaining the age of 18 years or above holds a valid Voters ID Card and plays a crucial role in formulating the Government.
Eligibility for the Voters ID Card in Andaman and Nicobar:
As per the decided rules and regulations of the Government, the Voters ID card or the Electors Photo Identity Card is disseminated by the Electoral Officer to general public falling over the age of 18 years at the time of issuance. What makes these cards important is that it happens to validate the citizenship of an individual to Andaman and Nicobar.
|Election Department A & N Islands|
- Minimum 18 years of age at the time of issuing card.
- The person should be the citizen of A & N Islands.
- He or she must have a valid housing address for contact.
- He or she should fall in the constituency of Andaman and Nicobar to cast the vote.
Procedure of the Voters ID Card in Andaman & Nicobar:
- At the initial level, the applicant is required to check out the Form No.6 on the official website of Election Department of Andaman and Nicobar.
- Further to this, the details haves to be filled and the necessary documents should be scanned for emailing to the Election Department. The Documents may include Ration Card or identity proof, age proof and address proof.
- Another way to send the form and documents is sending the hard copy to the State’s Election Commission via Registered Mail.
- Followed by the receiving of form with documents, the inquiry is done for the validation of documents. And finally, the Voters ID Card is delivered by the post at Voter’s home.
The government of Andaman and Nicobar is enthusiastic towards providing the equitable existence to every resident. For this determination, the government makes certain that the residents should understand their value. As known, Voters ID Card is an important document meant to authenticate the connection of an individual to the particular city or state. This can be produced anywhere in the world to safeguard themselves from getting entangled in any kind of legal issues.