Step by Step full guide to apply for a new Voter ID card online- Election Commission Of India
As we all know voter ID card is a very crucial document and it is not just meant for voting but you can use as your photo identification proof and address proof in any place whether it is a Government department office or private sectors such as real estate business.Voter ID card is an integral document which proves your nationality and serves as the total information of the cardholder such as Name, Father’s Name, Address, Sex, a passport size photo (a very important constituent of the card), etc. The Voter ID card is issued by the Chief Electoral Officer(CEO) appointed in every state. One should keep his/her Voter ID Card safe and should not lend the card to unknown people as the fraudulent voting system is increasing in a drastic manner.
Nation Voter’s Service Portal and Its Importance
The Government of India has launched a new campaign to curb the above issue and many other things, ECI is going to link Aadhar card with the voter ID card in every state. For the link up of Aadhaar card and Voter ID card the central government has started a new website which widely known as National Voter’s Service Portal (NVSP). Our Former President Dr. Abdul Kalam initiated Nation Voter’s Service Portal on the National Voters' Day 25th January 2015. The main ambition behind the launching of this site was to begin providing the voters with services, which are available in the Election Commission’s Website that is www.eic.nic.in. This site is made for every citizen of India and one can visit this website anytime. Just by clicking on NVSP portal, you will be redirected to a page where you can take lots of advantages it.
Advantages and Facilities available for the Citizens by NVSP
Well Now I would like to highlight the advantages of the NVSP portal which is available for everyone. The Advantages of Nation Voter’s Service Portal are as follows:
- The website provides the citizens with the facilities for searching names in the electoral roll (the list of the voters in every state). Citizens can easily search their name in electoral list by entering their own name or the card number (if enrolled in voter list).
- A citizen who is not yet a voter can register on the website itself for becoming a new voter. The application forms available in both the languages English and Hindi (as per the applicant’s convenience). After filling it, you can submit it online immediately.
- Citizens also get the facility for making any necessary corrections in their Voter ID card just by submitting a request. The corrections to be made include name spelling mistakes, wrong photograph submitted, wrong address, etc.
- The cardholders can simply link their Aadhaar card with VoterID card (EPIC card). Once both the cards are linked, the cardholder person can carry either of the cards for identification proof and other purposes.
- The cardholder person can get help and assistance from the website chief electoral department of the respective states, as they have provided the link on their official website.
So this was all about the Advantages of National Voter’s Service Portal, this portal has succeeded in registering new voters drastically, and also reduced the discrepancies that may occur while the registration process. If you come across any queries related NVSP and this Article, let us know by leaving a comment below so that we can analyse your queries can do the best for you.